Saturday 6 September 2008

So. I .Went. Out. Yesterday.
And this might just surprise people who really realy know me.
Because for me, having a good time is not particularly found in the fast, nearly desperate scene that it can sometimes be in the Lagos social circle.
At heart, im truly, very boring.
Anyway. I did.
Drinks with two long-time friends at one of the chi-chi hang outs on Victoria Island, which managed to score some points in my book because they were celebrating some anniversary and we scored drinks on the house and supossed free food (food mysteriously failed to appear until we sulked out)
The topic of the evening was to bond about all that was right, and all that peeved us in our lives presently.
I wanted to confess my inner secret. I was about to change career (again) and i seriously needed to verbally test-drive the idea in front of friends that didnt mind being cruel, i guess just to pinch myself....
How that went?.........well..........
We'll never know, I lost my nerve somewhere in the middle of trying to confess it.
I had a glass of champagne, a watermelon-something cocktail, and finished it all with a mojito.....
Did not get tipsy, and that scares the hell out of me............

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please keep this blog going.....you got yourself a fan :) Haw has your wonderful city (Lagos) changed over the years?

Wole's Girl said...

depends on how many years you re talking about anonymous........
like the rap song "sometimes i run fast, and sometimes i run slow" , yes Lagos can be like that.
Welcome, wipe your feet on the mat!

Wole's Girl said...

oops!
i think the song actually goes
"sometimes i RHYME fast, and sometimes I rhyme slow........"
but you get the picture sha......

Anonymous said...

hi again
yes, you got me. depends on how many years back? let's see, let's go back maybe 10 years or, if you prefer, since about the age you think you began to form lasting impressions?
this should be interesting!

Wole's Girl said...

ten years is younger then when i started to form lasting impressions anonymous....
but then again, how would one squash nearly twenty years of information into the capsule you want.....(?)
if you have an idea of how to, please let me know....
peace!

Anonymous said...

this is when, you "rhyme slow". Mama always admonished, don't stuff the whole potato in your mouth at once!, slice and dice, eat slow and enjoy!
so i would look at one aspect of change, make a nugget out of it, a nugget as sweet as the way you blog...in no time we'll have 20+ nuggets...yummy yummy peace

Wole's Girl said...

then stick around anonymous...
this should be fun
thanks for calling!